In order to realize the Model UN Parliament, we have to charge a participation fee of €50. The following is included in this price:
- Full participation in the Model UN Parliament in Halle (Saale), including the closing ceremony and panel discussion in Berlin
- Transfer from Halle to Berlin
- Accommodation in Halle (22 to 24 April)
- All meals during the conference
- Preparatory handbook
- Certificate of participation
The Model UN Parliament focuses on global democracy and includes discussions on procedural, political, and legal issues regarding the establishment of a UNPA. Therefore, we recommend (but do not require) prospective participants to have:
- An interest in deep-diving into the issue of global democracy
- Prior MUN experience
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written)
47 delegations, each with one delegate, will participate in the Model UN Parliament. Please see the following list of available countries for details: List of Delegations. We will try to accommodate your wishes, but there might be cases where you will be assigned a different state to represent. In that case you will always be informed and asked your permission. We look forward to welcoming you at Model UN Parliament 2016!
How to apply?
If you are interested in participating in the Model UN Parliament, please apply by 10 February. Send your completed Application Form to email@example.com. (Please note: In order to fill in the form, you require a PDF-Reader.)
What is the Model UN Parliament?
Apply to the Model UN Parliament
List of Delegations
You can take part in the conference as a delegate. In order to participate as a delegate you have to register. See above and FAQ #7 for more information.
The Model UN Parliament takes place from 22 to 24 April 2016.
The Model UN Parliament takes place in two different locations in Germany: The main part of the conference will be in Halle (Saale), where all the debates take place. This is also where you will be accommodated. On 24 April, we will all transfer to Berlin for the closing ceremony and a public panel discussion, which will conclude the conference. Please plan your trip accordingly: You need to travel to Halle for the beginning of the conference, but then leave from Berlin after the closing ceremony.
You have to be at least 18 years old in order to participate in the Model UN Parliament. Please contact us, if you are above 27 years old and wish to participate.
No, as long as you are 18 years or older you can be part of this conference.
The process of signing up will be open throughout January 2016. Application deadline is 10 February 2016. The probability of being given your first preference country is higher the earlier you register.
The registration process is divided into several steps:
- You complete the Application Form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org until 10 February 2016.
- We will review the applications and get back to you in mid-February.
- You will then be asked to pay the participation fee.
- Once you pay the fee, you will receive a confirmation that you are participating at the Model UN Parliament – at the latest by 25 February.
After your registration, your preparation begins:
- With your confirmation you will receive a preparatory handbook. It will help you with your preparation for the conference.
- As part of your preparation and in order to foster the debate, you will be required to send in a position paper until 27 March 2016.
- On 22 April 2016, the conference begins (see the Draft Schedule).
Yes, there is a participation fee for each participant of €50 per person. You will be provided with food and drinks during the conference and accommodation for two nights. Please understand that we cannot return the money in case you decide not to participate.
The participation fee will include a daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner according to the Draft Schedule during the conference. You will also receive accommodation during the conference in the Jugendherberge Halle – a youth hostel. If you wish to organize your own accommodation, please let us know as part of the application letter. If you decide to accommodate yourself, you will have to cover these costs yourself.
Please contact us if you need a visa and wish us to help you. Sadly, it is quite difficult to receive a visa invitation for the Schengen area. However, we will do our best to support you in the visa application by the means of invitation letters and by providing an address of reference.